Friday, March 12, 2010

Radar Brothers: The Illustrated Garden


This year's already shaping up to be much better than last. I've already enjoyed a bunch of new releases ( Surfer Blood, The Soft Pack, Beach House, Spoon, Aloha and Broken Bells to name a few). And the rest of the year looks promising too (I'm already digging the new Dr. Dog). But the record I've listened to the most so far is the Radar Brothers new album, The Illustrated Garden (due March 23rd).
As longtime readers know, the Radar Brothers have been my favorite LA band for over a decade. After hearing the new one (and loving it) I agreed to help them out with some of the press materials, so you'll probably see me paraphrased in some of the press for the album.
A few weeks back I caught the new live lineup recording a session for the Aquarium Drunkard's radio show and then last night I saw them at a small space in Highland Park. It's probably my favorite live lineup so far. Jim Putnam's joined by Be Hussey (bass), Stevie Treichel (ex-Movies on drums), Brian Cleary (ex-Movies on keys) and Dan Iead (ex-Broken West on guitar).
For those heading to SXSW, you can catch them Thursday in the day at Home Slice Pizza or later that night at the official Merge showcase at the Cedar Street Courtyard. For those in LA, their record release party is Friday March 26th at Spaceland.
Stream the new album HERE
Buy tickets to the record release show HERE
Pre-order from Insound HERE

No comments: