Friday, January 13, 2006

Weekend Live Music Picks


I made it to a couple of events this week. The comedy show at Sea Level was pretty good. I drank free beer and laughed the most for Eddie Pepitone. I also saw the Probe at Spaceland. They rocked very hard and it was loud as hell. Last night I watched Hustle & Flow at home. It's basically a Blaxploitation film that thinks it's Waiting for Godot. That's Helio Sequence on the left.

Friday
The Helio Sequence / The King of France / The Can't See @ Spaceland [$12] - For the indie rockers. The Helio Sequence is better live than recorded. They're a two-piece on Sup Pop. I saw them open for Blonde Redhead once. They play dense, shoegazer music. I blogged about The King of France yesterday. The Can't See is ex-764-HERO. They were an indie band in the late 1990s.
Download: The Helio Sequence's "Blood Bleeds"
Download: The Can't See's "Bar Fight"

Saturday
The King of France @ Sea Level Records 3:00 PM [FREE] - See previous blogs. Usually there's free beer at the in-stores.

White Out w/ Nels Cline @ Spaceland [$10] - For fans of "sound terrorists." This would probably give me a headache, but Nels Cline is an insane guitar player.

Sunday
Architects @ Spaceland [$5] For fans of boozy rock. These guys are from Kansas City so I'll give them a shout-out. Plus there's nothing else interesting going on tonight.

Overall a pretty week weekend for rock. But it's still early January. Stay tuned for a ton of stuff coming up in February and March.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cheers for the helio sequence mp3.