Thursday, February 21, 2008

Radar Bros./Brian Aubert/Everest Photos







Here are some long ago promised pictures from the Radar Bros. show at the Echo on 1/28/08. It was most likely the last show to feature original members Jim, Senon and Steve together. Jim will be joined by new members for some shows at SXSW. The Everest and Brian Aubert photos were taken by Sylvia. I took the color photos of the Radar Bros. There are a bunch more photos at my Flickr account and they're not all blurry.

I was sick for about two full weeks but I've been to several shows in the past week. I saw I Make This Sound at the Echo on 2/13, Black Lips on 2/14, Paperplanes at Charlie O's on 2/15, Rhys Darby on 2/17 at El Rey, Film School/Pity Party on 2/18 at Spaceland. Here are some one or two sentence reviews. I Make This Sound has several really good songs. Black Lips weren't shocking and sounded like crap. They have good songs, but a more intimate venue would have suited them much better. Paperplanes seems like a band I'd like, but the sound at Charlie O's was unbearable. Rhys Darby's bringing back sound effects humor like Michael Winslow. Film School put on an engaging live show.

No comments: