Friday, February 08, 2008

SXSW - First Bands Announced

The first time I went to SXSW was 13 years ago. I haven't been in five or six years, but I'm starting to think I might go back this year.....

They announced the initial list of bands today. My old friends at the LAist broke down all the bands who identified themselves as LA bands (but missed several with made up city names).

After a very quick glance, here are a few of the bands that caught my eye:

LA Bands:
Abe Vigoda, Airborne Toxic Event, Anavan, Bodies of Water, Buddy, Castledoor, Correatown, Deadly Syndrome, Division Day, Earlimart, Ferraby Lionheart, Film School, Foreign Born, The Happy Hollows, Har Mar Superstar, HEALTH, Ice Cube, Jeremy Jay, J-Rocc, Let’s Go Sailing, The Little Ones, Eleni Mandell, Mika Miko, No Age, Oliver Future, Pity Party, Radar Bros., Jonah Ray (comedy), Jonathan Rice, Sea Wolf, The Watson Twins

Non-LA:
Aloha, A Place to Bury Strangers, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Black Mountain, AA Bondy, Bon Iver, Centro-Matic, Citay, Dr. Dog, El-P, Explorers Club, Earl Greyhound, Daryl Hall, Gary Higgins, Jens Lekman, Los Campesinos!, Thurston Moore, Peter Moren, My Morning Jacket, Okkervil River, Dolly Parton, Jay Reatard, R.E.M., The Spinto Band, Kelley Stoltz, Takka Takka, Vampire Weekend, White Williams, Why!, Wooden Shjips, Yo La Tengo

No comments: