Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Miscellaneous



I just like this picture of Diamond Dave

You can stream the new Built to Spill album over HERE. It comes out in stores next Tuesday.

Tune in to KCRW (89.9FM) tomorrow @ 11:15AM for a live performance by the Boy Least Likely To. They are performing this Saturday night at Spaceland.

I saw Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Silversun Pickups last Sunday at Spaceland. Silversun Pickups played sitting down with ties on. It wasn't their normal rock show performance. Black Rebel Motorcycle also played sitting down with no drums and acoustic guitars. I realized I'm not that big of a BRMC fan. True fans probably loved it, while I found it pretty boring. I liked them better in their JAMC phase.

On Monday night I saw the New York Dolls at Spaceland. It was a packed house. They played the crowd pleasing old favorites ("Looking For a Kiss" and "Trash"), new songs (not that memorable), covers ("Piece of My Heart") and Sylvain did a tribute to Johnny Thunders ("You Can't Put Your Arms Round a Memory"). David Johansen still had plenty of Mick Jagger moves. That new guitarist was straight up Sunset Strip. I got a good laugh when he came out shirtless with his trimmed chest hair for the encore.

No comments: