Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust


The Virgin Megastore at Sunset and Crescent Heights will be closing its doors at the end of month. While it was never my favorite record store in town, I did stop in periodically to peruse their vinyl section (weird imports that were often inexplicably on sale). Currently all the regular priced merchandise is 30% off. I stopped in last weekend and picked up a few things. They were pre-selling that new Radiohad LP (on sale for $12), I found that first Panda Bear on LP for $7 (it's getting pretty hard to find) and filled out some holes in my Lee Hazlewood collection. They've also got one of the better Blu Ray selections in town. Even if it's a chain store, and they have another location down the street at Hollywood and Highland, I still hate to see it go.

1 comment:

JAX said...

My first job in Los Angeles was at that Virgin Mega Store. I was working two separate internships and pulling nights as a sales associate there.

Sad to see yet another CD store bite the dust but not sorry to see that one go. Their prices are pretty insane.