Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Broken West's Now or Heaven


This has been a great week here at You Set the Scene. I’ve gotten a slew of new records that I’m really digging. At the top of that list is the Broken West’s new one, Now or Heaven. The local LA band’s debut, I Can’t Go On, I’ll Go On was one of my favorite records last year, and this one’s even better.

After a year of touring and recording, they’ve made an even more cohesive and textured album. The band’s often thrown into the power pop category, and there’s some of that here (“Perfect Games”), but remember when Badfinger started to get really into the Band?

For a limited time, you can stream the album from Merge.

Brighten your day and download “Perfect Games

The album comes out on September 9th, but you can preorder it HERE.

I’ll write more later, I just wanted to give you a heads-up….

No comments: