Friday, February 13, 2009

Sinking Radio: Phosphorescent "Reasons to Quit"


I'll be very brief today since it's very late (I saw the Henry Clay People at the Fonda) and I have to get up early. This is my weekly reminder to tune in to Sinking Radio on Little Radio this Friday from Noon to 2:00 PM. 

Each week the show features an official You Set the Scene pick. My pick for this week's show is "Reasons to Quit" by Phosphorescent. The song comes from Phosphorescent's new love letter to Willie Nelson, To Willie From Phossy, which is a reference to Willie Nelson's classic album, To Lefty From Willie

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I've been on a crazy Merle Haggard kick this year. While the record's a tribute to Willie, this song was actually written by the Hag and featured on the Willie/Merle collaboration, Pancho and Lefty

To Willie is a must listen for younger fans of Willie Nelson. On a side note, it features some lovely pedal steel guitar from Ricky Ray Jackson (Brothers and Sisters, Lomita) who has previously appeared on the Sinking Radio program. Hope you dig it.....

No comments: