Thursday, June 15, 2006

Muse @ the Greek 7/19

Muse's new album comes out on July 11th; it's called Black Holes & Revelations. I got a copy of it yesterday and I'm still digesting it. On the first track they tell Bush and/or Blair that they're going to hell for what they've done. Everything I wrote about Aloha yesterday? Muse is pretty much opposite. They're bombastic, over-the-top and they write anthems meant to be played in arenas. They're only a three-piece, but they supplement their live sound with recorded tracks. I've seen them a few times and it's surprisingly powerful. Some dismiss them as a Radiohead rip-off band, and today Pitchfork said this about them, "...what Thom Yorke would sound like fronting Audioslave at a disco." That's pretty accurate, but I still enjoy them for some reason(especially live).

Muse
Greek Theatre
July 19th, 2006
The presale starts tomorrow at 10:00am (sign up for the KROQ street team to get the password)

Listen to two new tracks HERE

No comments: