Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday Night Picks - Parson Red Heads



Tonight's Pick:
The Parson Redheads / The Airborne Toxic Event @ the Echo (Free) – I’m like a broken record with my praise for the Parson Red Heads. They’re one of my favorite new local bands (one of my bands to watch in 2007). I didn’t make it out to last week’s show, but I talked to a bunch of people who went and they all loved it. Apparently they had about a dozen people up onstage with them and won over a lot of new fans. Their live set is much more energetic than their EP. The Airborne Toxic Event is another interesting new local band. They rock much harder than their Myspace songs would make you think.
Other Options:
Jay Bennett @ Silverlake Lounge ($10) – He was all over my favorite Wilco record (Summerteeth) and his new solo record got some pretty good reviews. I wasn’t that into that new record, but you can’t deny his talent.
The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine) @ Safari Sam’s ($10)
Delta Spirit / In Waves @ Spaceland (Free) – I know the Rock Insider loves these guys. Check out her blog for more info. Autopia recommends that you check out In Waves.

No comments: