Thursday, October 20, 2005

Live Music Options


There's so much going on tonight I can't decide what to do. Why do these bookers do this? I think I'm just going to stay in and watch BATMAN BEGINS.

Gang of Four @ the Avalon ($25) [They played a great set at Coachella this year & a pretty good one on KCRW this week]

The Go Team! & Smoosh @ the El Rey ($19) [The Go Team!'s record is a little boring, but I bet they're fun live. Smoosh is adorable; just look at that photo.]

Constantines & The Hold Steady @ the Knitting Factory ($15) [I'm actually not a big fan of either of these bands; can they justify the steep ticket price?]

Calla & Celebration @ the Echo ($10) [I saw Calla years ago and what I've read about Celebration makes me want to hear them, this show's probably the bargain of the bunch]

No comments: