Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday Night Picks


It's Monday in Los Angeles and there's some cool stuff to check out.....

David Cross / Patton Oswalt @ Largo [$5] - I'm sure David Cross will be ranting about Fox television. Ask him if Arrested Development is cancelled for good this time. Patton Oswalt is very funny too and has a new show on Comedy Central ("Comedians of Comedy").

Urge Overkill @ Viper Room [$20] - It's an acoustic set and it's at the Viper Room, but if somebody picked me up, drove me over there and bought me a ticket (and maybe a couple of drinks) I would definitely go.

Kennedy / Diamond Nights @ Troubadour [$10] - Lots of faux glam and falsettos.

Also free shows at Spaceland, the Echo and Silverlake Lounge....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw these guys a year or two ago in San Francisco and they were pretty funny, but all I remember about it now was that David Cross told us about how he got a bunch of flack for a very innocuous comment about racism -- and the comment was actually anti-racism.

Anonymous said...

I saw these guys a year or two ago in San Francisco and they were pretty funny, but all I remember about it now was that David Cross told us about how he got a bunch of flack for a very innocuous comment about racism -- and the comment was actually anti-racism.