Friday, November 11, 2005

Weekend Live Music Picks

I know this is the laziest blog ever. But I gotta go pick up some barbeque.

FRIDAY:

Death Cab For Cutie / Stars @ Wiltern [sold out] - I've seen DCFC a bunch of times and really have no need to see them again, but maybe you do? I like the latest stars album pretty well. Odd that they're touring together since Stars sounds so similar to Postal Service (the lead singer of DCFC's other band).

The Clientele / Radar Bros. @ Knitting Factory [$12] - The Clientele is one of the most boring live bands ever. It's soft rock. I really do like the Radar Bros. I met my lady friend at a Radar Bros. in-store. Hooray for me.

SATURDAY:
DCFC / Stars @ Wiltern [sold out] - You and Seth Cohen have fun.

Brendan Benson / Silversun Pickups @ Spaceland [$15] - I need to hear more Brendan Benson. I hear he's doing an album with Jack White from the White Stripes. The Silversun Pickups are one of LA's biggest little bands right now. This should be a good gig for them.

Why? / Aqueduct @ Knitting Factory [$12] - I don't know anything about this, but I know a lot of people will be there. Part of that Anticon thing.

SUNDAY:
Brendan Benson @ Spaceland [$15] - see above

David Allan Coe @ Key Club [$23] - I like outlaw country but he scares me. Some of his old stuff is great.

Styrofoam / Dntel (DJ set) @ Knitting Factory [$10] - Don't know anything about Styrofoam but it's part of that Morr music thing. Dntel is making a truckload of money right now selling his Postal Service songs to commercials.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should start including barbeque reviews on your blog, as well.

Duke said...

Ribs USA is merely OK. don't bother with the beef ribs. the baby back ribs are ok (i think they must soak them to get the meat off the bone). the chicken is ok (not as dry as a lot of bbq chickent). the sausage is pretty damn good (and spicey). the mac and cheese is decent too. the best bbq place in LA is Phillip's.