Monday, November 07, 2005

November Residencies


I'm not too excited about any of these but maybe I'm wrong. They're all on Mondays and they're all free. That's one of the Chapin Sisters putting on her boots in the picture. Check it:

@ SPACELAND (don't forget about the $2 PBRs)
Circus Minor - I've never seen this band but I just listened to some clips on myspace. Their press release mentions Joy Division, Black Heart Procession and Joy Division. I guess I hear a little bit of that. Tonight they're playing with Most Serene Rebublic who are on Broken Social Scene's label and have gotten some pretty good reviews.
Download Clouds
Download Picture in My Head

@ The Echo
It's a dual residency: I See Hawks in L.A. and The Chapin Sisters
I See Hawks in L.A. is a local alt-country band. I've seen them at Taix Lounge a coupla times. Not really my cup of tea (and I'm a big Gram Parsons fan). The Chapin Sisters did a Sunday night residency at Spaceland a few months ago. They're three girls with pretty voices and minimal acoustic guitar. They got some KCRW airplay with a cover of Britney Spears' "Toxic."

@ Silverlake Lounge
Fielding - I've never seen them. The LA Times compared them to Travis and the Get Up Kids - I guess that's not unreasonable.

No comments: