Friday, April 03, 2009

Sinking Radio - BLK JKS' "Lakeside"


I'll keep this brief because I just got back from the Gooseberries release show and I'm exhausted and I mixed champagne with Bud Light with Red Stripe with Tecate with Absinthe with Jim Beam with Remy Martin (in extremely small quantities, but still a very bad idea). 

Tune in to Little Radio tomorrow from Noon to 2:00 PM for the Sinking Radio show. Each week, the show features an official You Set the Scene pick. My pick for tomorrow's show is BLK JKS' "Lakeside." 

BLK JKS is a South African band who recently signed to Secretly Canadian. Their debut EP mixes  Afro-Beat and TV On the Radio influences with interesting sound textures. Produced by Brandon Curtis of Secret Machines, it shows a ton of promise. The band appeared at SXSW, but I missed them. Heard they were cool though. 

If you're the impatient type, check out the MP3 below. Either way, tune in to Sinking Radio tomorrow. 

No comments: