Thursday, January 05, 2006

Album Review: Wilco's KICKING TELEVISION


Last month I blogged about Wilco's KICKING TELEVISION, implying that it was just a typical fourth quarter label scheme to take money off of fans of their blue chip artists. While the price does still seem steep ($20 is the cheapest I've seen it), I got the album from my lady for Christmas and love it. It's definitely the best official live album in recent memory. They revisit the back catalog and play many of the newer songs with energy that was sadly missing on the studio versions. It makes me sad I wasn't at the shows (but I will be seeing Jeff Tweedy on Feb. 13 @ the Fonda).

....so pick it up at Sea Level (Echo Park/LA), Love Garden (Lawrence, KS), Waterloo (Austin, TX) or an independent record shop in your town....

And if you're a Wilco fan check out this month's Uncut Magazine for an interview with Tweedy where he talks more in-depth about his addiction.

Hook 'em Horns!

No comments: