Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Coachella Lineup Announced

Is anybody else totally unimpressed with this lineup?

Saturday, April 29:
Bands I really like: Sigur Ros (seen 'em), My Morning Jacket (seen 'em three times), Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (seeing them at the El Rey)
Bands I'm curious about: Wolfmother (may see them at Spaceland or Cinespace), Editors
Bands I don't care about anymore: Depeche Mode (saw them in early 90s), Franz Ferdinand (seen 'em twice)
Bands that are OK but I don't care if I ever see them: Ladytron
Bands I've never cared about: Common, Damian Marley, Atmosphere, Carl Cox, Tosca, Cat Power (seen her), Animal Collective, Hard-Fi, Derrick Carter, Devendra Banhart, She Wants Revenge (seen 'em), The Walkmen (seen 'em), The Juan Maclean, Audio Bullys, Imogen Heap, Lady Sovereign, Deerhoof, The Duke Spirit, stellastarr*, Lyrics Born, Matt Costa, The New Amsterdams (seen 'em), The Zutons, Platinum Piped Pipers, White Rose Movement, Chris Liberator, Colette, Joey Beltram, Hybrid, The Like (seen 'em), Living Things, Nine Black Alps (seen 'em), The Section Quartet, Infadels, Youth Group (seen 'em), Shy FX & T Power, Infusion

Sunday, April 30:
Bands I like: Bloc Party (saw them last year), Mogwai (seen them a few times)
Bands I'm curious about live: TV on the Radio, Seu Jorge, The Go! Team, Art Brut, Giant Drag, Be Your Own Pet
Bands I don't care about anymore: Tool (saw them 10 years ago), Sleater-Kinney (annoying live)
Bands that are OK but I don't care if I ever see them: Dungen (boring live)
Bands I don't care about: Yeah Yeah Yeahs (seen 'em), Paul Oakenfold, Scissor Sisters, Matisyahu, James Blunt, Coheed and Cambria (saw 'em by accident), Gnarls Barkley, Coldcut, Phoenix, Digable Planets, Amadou & Mariam, Little Louie Vega, Mylo (DJ Set), Wolf Parade, Kaskade, Metric, The Dears, Jamie Lidell, The Magic Numbers, Los Amigos Invisibles, Jazzanova, Michael Mayer, Mates of State (seen 'em), Gilles Peterson, Gabriel & Dresden, The Subways, Minus the Bear, Kristina Sky, The Octopus Project

1 comment:

Spider Monkey Jones said...

yeah I agree. I dont get it. There are 5 bands I want to see total. Not worth the time nor energy.