Monday, February 19, 2007

Monday Night Music Options 2/19/07

I'm just back from vacation with no time for a real post today (actually my computer just froze and lost a decent one and I can't stand to lose another one).

TIVO alert: Silversun Pickups on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Monday's Pick:
Divsion Day / Twilight Sleep / Bedroom Walls / Tigers Can Bite You @ Spaceland (Free) - Division Day play that head nodding energetic indie rock. I've gone the first two weeks and I've had a really good time. Bedroom Walls play the cool dream pop. Tigers Can Bite You is Dave Woody's (Fiver) new band. I haven't seen Twilight Sleep, but they're tight with Silversun Pickups, so maybe they'll come down after their Tonight Show performance? They'll be playing the big blog showcase at SXSW.

Also Worth Seeing:
The Airborne Toxic Event / Dead Ponies / Brother Reade / The Share Ease @ Viper Room ($10) - Solid lineup if you're on the westside. The Airborne Toxic Event will be doing the residency at the Echo in March. Dead Ponies put on a good live show.

Ralph Stanley / Howe Gelb @ El Rey ($25) - Stanley's music was featured prominently in the Coen Brothers' O Brother.

No comments: