Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday Night Music Options 2/21/07


TIVO Alert: Cold War Kids on Jimmy Kimmel
Tonight's Pick:
Ghostface Killah @ Key Club ($25) – I’m no authority on hip-hop, but Ghostface put out my favorite hip-hop album of 2006 (Fishscale). He was in the Wu-Tang Clan too.
Also worth seeing:
400 Blows / Wires on Fire @ 3 of Clubs (Free) – Intense local punk rock.
Cold War Kids @ El Rey (Sold Out) - This one sold out suckas. So did the Troubadour show tomorrow night. They are doing a Myspace secret show tomorrow with Clipse, but you might want to get there early.
I know less about these, but I'm sure they'd be perfectly fun:
Grizzly Bear / Foreign Born @ Troubadour (Sold Out) – Last year Grizzly Bear put out one of the most revered albums by music snobs around the globe. It ranked #7 on my list of hipster cred albums that didn’t move me. If you didn’t get tickets to this, maybe you can catch them at Coachella on 4/29.The music obviously has merit, I’m just not feeling it for some reason. Download “On a Neck, On a Spit
Club NME: Rock Kills Kid / Circus Minor @ Spaceland ($5) – Rock Kills Kid is one of those local bands that seems to spring out of nowhere with a major label deal. If you like 30 Seconds to Mars and She Wants Revenge, then you might wanna listen.
Oxbow / Intronaut / David Scott Stone & Bobb Bruno @ the Mountain (Free) - Remember how that Jesu show got canceled at Spaceland last night? I guess the two openers still wanted to play a show for their LA fans......
Astra Heights @ Silverlake Lounge ($8)
Low End Theory: Eliot Lipp / Thavius Beck @ Airliner Club ($5) - For the underground hip-hop fans.
Dub Club: Twinkle Brothers @ the Echo ($15)
Van Morrison @ Gibson Amphitheatre
Gomez / Ben Kweller @ Wiltern - I like Ben Kweller, but I've never gotten into Gomez.

No comments: