Friday, March 03, 2006

The Little Ones

I got a little motivation last night and went to the Echo. After recently downloading some tracks, I was curious to see The Little Ones. I really enjoyed their set. They're a local band that plays danceable indie pop with nice little touches that keep it interesting. I couldn't find a bio on them, so I'll tell you what little I know. The lead singer used to be in a band called Sunday's Best that I don't remember. His brother's also in The Little Ones (and he's the GM at KXLU). They formed less than a year ago and they haven't played out very much. I highly recommend checking them out if you enjoy bands like Fruit Bats, Boy Least Likely To, Spinto Band, etc.

Download "Lovers Who Uncover" - very catchy track
Download "Cha Cha Cha" - stanhalen opined in the comments on a previous post that the chord progression sounds like the Fruit Bats' "The Wind That Blew My Heart Away." I like it either way.

No comments: