Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Live Music Options 3/14/06-3/16/06

Spinto Band has two area shows this week.
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was out of town. The show at Spaceland seemed like the place to be. Not much going on this week. Everybody's except me is going out of town for SXSW.

Tuesday 3/14/06
Spinto Band @ Spaceland [$8] - A really enjoyable indie-pop band that supposedly puts on a really fun live show.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club @ Henry Fonda Theatre [$20] - I liked their first two albums (the Jesus & Mary Chain-inspired records) but didn't like their new album as much as I expected (the more acoustic, harmonica-driven songs). I admire them for going in a new direction. Maybe I just need to see the new stuff live.

Wednesday 3/15/06
Spinto Band / Arctic Monkeys @ Henry Fonda Theatre [SOLD OUT] - The Arctic Monkeys are ok but nothing to get too excited about. I saw them at Spaceland and had a good time. But I only paid $10. If you love the Libertines and early Clash you might like them.

Kind Hearts and Coronets @ Spaceland [?] - They're a local band that I don't know much about. The songs on Myspace have an appealing, mellow early Pink Floyd/Syd Barrett-influenced sound.

Thursday 3/16/06
Gowns @ Smell [$5] - Not much going on tonight. The Gowns are a side project from Ezra the lead singer of the Mae Shi.

No comments: