Thursday, February 21, 2008

Matt Cronk Benefit

I thought I'd make it to the Matt Cronk benefit at the Echo tonight, but sometimes you get home from a long day, it's raining outside, you hear about a police shootout in your neighborhood, involving AK47s and it just saps the desire out of you. So instead of supporting a good cause and hearing some good live bands, I'm on the computer and listening to Pete Townshend solo albums that I picked up months ago at Amoeba but never got around to listening to before tonight.

Matt and I have a lot of mutual friends, so even though he never remembers me the dozen or so times that we've met, I feel for the guy. I've enjoyed seeing him play with Qui over the years especially in the new incarnation with David Yow. I hear the national punk rock community has been reaching out to him during his recovery. If you're an out-of-towner (or just a homebody who didn't make it out tonight) and you want to help out with some of his medical bills, a Paypal account has been set up for donations.

Donate HERE

No comments: