Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday Night Music Options - 1/10/07

Lou Barlow Tonight at the Smell
Another busy day means another small post....
Tonight's Pick:
Lou Barlow @ the Smell ($5) – He’s been touring for a while with Dinosaur Jr. and soon he’s getting the first Sebadoh lineup back together to tour. Tonight you can see him solo. Hopefully he’ll play some Bakesale/ Bubble and Scrape / Harmacy-era Sebadoh, because that’s my favorite.
Also intriguing:
Peter & the Wolf / Briertone @ Silverlake Lounge ($8) – Rockinsider is presenting this show at the Silverlake Lounge. The Gorilla vs. Bear sight had Peter & the Wolf as their 11th best record of 2006 (I just realized that five of their top 10 records were on my list of music snob cred albums that didn’t move me in 2006).
Cursive / The Parson Red Heads @ Troubadour (Sold Out) – Cursive’s most recent on Saddle Creek is a concept record about religion. Download “Dorothy at Forty” and “Bad Sects” Make sure to get there in time for one of my favorite new local bands, the Parson Red Heads. I believe this is their first show at the Troubadour.
I don't know as much about these:
Indian Jewelry @ the Mountain – Download Indian Jewelry’s “Come Closer” and “Lesser Snake
Lady Sovereign @ El Rey (Sold Out) – She’s the first non-American signed to Def Jam.
Club NME: Castaneda @ Spaceland

No comments: