Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday Night Music Options 4/10/07


Tonight's Most Interesting Choices:
Muse @ the Forum (Sold Out) – If you love Radiohead and Queen, then Muse is probably your favorite band. Their new album lost me, as it just went way, way, way over-the-top. They play along to lots of pre-recorded tracks, but musicians tell me that’s not that easy to do. Any way you cut it, they’re a powerful live band. I’ve seen them in festival settings, mid-size venues and the Greek and I’ve always been impressed. The Forum seems like a pretty awful place to see anybody, but maybe Muse can pull it off.
Dead Ponies / Sabrosa Purr @ the Echo (Free for 21 and over, $5 for 18-21) – Dead Ponies play intense, layered guitar music and put on a good live show. They remind me of a lot my favorite bands from college. The show’s free, so the risk is low.
Woven Hand @ Silverlake Lounge ($12) – He’s the front man of 16 Horsepower and frequently gets compared to Nick Cave. Christianity plays an important role in his music.

No comments: