Friday, April 20, 2007

Tuesday Night Music Options 4/24/07

Sean Lennon Plays the Roxy on Tuesday
Tuesday's Picks (4/24/07):
Sean Lennon / Women and Children @ the Roxy ($20) – I already gave away two sets of tickets to this show. Sean Lennon’s new album is along the lines of Jon Brion.
Let’s Independent: The Prix / Radars to the Sky / Eagle & Talon @ Boardner’s (Free) – You can’t go wrong with Joe’s (Radio Free Silver Lake) Let’s Independent night. He’s always got solid choices. I’m only vaguely familiar with these bands, but I like what I’ve heard.
Not for me, but maybe for you:
Xiu Xiu / Sunset Rubdown @ Troubadour ($12 adv / $14 dos) – For people who like their indie music on the “challenging” side of things. Sunset Rubdown is the side project of Spencer Krug of Wolf Parade. Jeff Weiss loves the Sunset Rubdown. Go read some of what he says for a more informed take on their music.
Scott H. Biram @ the Scene – Bloodshot Records dude.
Adult. / Erase Errata @ Safari Sam’s ($10) – More experimental electronic sounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sean Lennon was good! Most of the songs were in that mid tempo range, kinda radiohead-ish I guess you could say. His voice was better than I thought it would be. Overall, a good show. Thanks man.