Friday, June 22, 2007

BRMC Plays Little Radio on Saturday

I'll see you all at Safari Sam's tonight. Some pretty good stuff happening the rest of the weekend too....
Saturday 6/23/07
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club @ Little Radio Warehouse (Free) – They’re doing a video shoot and a free concert. You must show up at 3:30PM to see the show. Wear dark clothes. I like these guys.
The Police / Foo Fighters @ Dodgers Stadium ($250 tickets still remain) – I haven’t really read any positive reviews of these reunion shows.
Too Short @ House of Blues ($27.50) – Old school hip-hop.
Chuck Dukowski Sextet @ the Smell

Sunday 6/24/07
DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist perform Brain Placement @ Hollywood Bowl ($9 - $45) – This could be really cool, if you’re heard their Product Placement bootleg.
Little Radio Barbeque: Riverboat Gamblers / Restaurant @ Little Radio Warehouse 1218 Long Beach Avenue ($10)
Grand Ol’ Echo: Mike Stinson / 50 Cent Haircut @ the Echo (Free) – 5:00PM
A Sunny Day in Glasgow / My Teenage Stride @ Perhspace – Scott @ Little Radio’s a big fan of A Sunny Day in Glasgow. To me they sound a little like My Bloody Valentine mashed up with Enya (but then again, what do I know?).
Janeane Garofalo / Patton Oswalt @ Troubadour ($35 dos / $30 adv) – Spendy.
Part Time Punks @ the Echo ($5)

3 comments:

elana said...

I'm curious if anyone actually got to see BRMC play. I showed up there at 10:30PM and they were still filming for the video. Sigh.

Duke said...

yeah - i showed up about the same time. saw about three songs in their entirety (while they waited for the crew to set up again) and finally gave up around 11:30. the band looked appreciative of the fans, but exhausted.

kool toe cee said...

Where was your Skinny Puppy love?