Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday Night Music Options 6/14/07

I made it down to Spaceland for most of the White Rabbits set last night. They were good. Bronson at Buzz Bands has a much better review. Honestly I was too damned tired to enjoy it much. They had two drummers, some good rhythms and it felt like a lot of the songs were composed on piano. A few tracks really stood out. I'll keep my eye on them.

Tonight's Choices:
Ladybug Transistor / The Papercuts @ the Echo ($12) – I saw these Merge Recording artists about nine years ago and really liked them.
Calvin Johnson / Julie Doiron @ the Smell ($7) – The guy behind K Records with the big baritone.
The Henry Clay People / Death to Anders @ the Scene ($5) – The Rock Insider Presents
Amy Cooper @ Silverlake Lounge
The Mother Hips / Strangers Smile / Travel By Sea @ EchoPlex (Free) – The Aquarium Drunkard presents this show. Some of my friends with good taste are huge fans of The Mother Hips.
Castledoor / The Monolators / Amy Cooper @ Silverlake Lounge ($7)
The Format @ Mayan (Sold Out) – They’re filming a live DVD. I thought their album last year was good. They’ve got a pretty good cover of the Kinks “Apeman” on their Myspace page.
Sleepytime Gorilla Music @ Troubadour ($15)
Graham MacRae @ Knitting Factory ($7)

No comments: