Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday Night Music Options 6/12/07

Spaceland was absolutely crazy packed last night. I caught a little bit of Juliette Lewis. It wasn't really my cup of tea, but other people seemed to be enjoying it. Pink was there. She's well fit. Brothers & Sisters were probably a little confused by it all, but put on a good show. It was packed for Deadly Syndrome, who played a bunch of new songs and sounded really good too. You should see these guys for free while you've got the chance.

Tonight's Pick:
Cold War Kids / The Little Ones @ EchoPlex ($20) – Benefit for 826LA and African Water Wells. Have I mentioned that the Cold War Kids are touring with the White Stripes? Very impressive. That means you can see them at the Forum on September 19th. I saw the Little Ones last Sunday at the Little Radio barbeque. I hadn’t seen them in a while, and they were still impressive. I can’t wait to hear the new album. Two great local bands in a good setting and it’s for a good cause.

Also Recommended:
Menomena / All Smiles @ Troubadour (Sold Out) – The new Menomena record is one of my favorites of the half year. It’s a little bit experimental in the TV on the Radio way, but still accessible. You can stream the album from Barsuk HERE. All Smiles is all around good guy, Jim Fairchild from Grandaddy. His new album’s more singer-songwritery than his old band.
Brian Wilson @ Pasadena Civic Auditorium ($43-67) – Longtime readers know I’m a huge Brian Wilson and Beach Boys fan. Tonight he promises to play his greatest hits. I saw the Smile tour twice and the Pet Sounds tour once, so I’m sitting this one out.
The Switch @ the Echo (Free) - I missed their Spaceland show on Sunday...

Also Appearing:
LCD Soundsystem / Yacht @ El Rey (Sold Out) - Dan’s got a review and some photos of last night’s show up HERE.
Yo Majesty / White Rabbits / DJ Peanut Butter Wolf @ Cinespace – Peanut Butter Wolf’s DJ’ing seven styles of music for seven straight nights all around LA. I’m curious about these White Rabbits guys, but I’ll probably wait to see them tomorrow at Spaceland.
The Duke Spirit @ Spaceland ($10) – Brash, British, Bluesy female fronted band that gets compared to PJ Harvey and the Kills.

No comments: