Monday, August 27, 2007

Highlights from Monday's Live Music Calendar 8/27/07

Le Switch Play the Bordello Tonight

I didn't see any of the F*ck Yeah Fest, but Superbad's pretty funny. Did I miss any good bands? I hear that Bolero and the Tyde were good at Spaceland. Josh Schwartz is now playing guitar with the Tyde. Can a Further reunion be far behind?
Monday's Pick:
I Make This Sound / The Monolators / Le Switch / Papillon @ Bordello ($8) - I realize I recommend Le Switch way too often, but in addition to being a band I really like, they also play a lot of shows on nights when there's not a lot of similar competition.
Other Choices:
Low vs. Diamond / IO Echo @ Spaceland (Free) – Io Echo’s hitting the road with She Wants Revenge soon.

The Section Quartet @ Troubadour (Free / $3 under 21) – With guests Linda Perry, Grant Lee Phillips, Sam Phillips

Crash Kings / Henry Clay People @ Silverlake Lounge (Free)
Manic / Strangers Smile @ the Echo (Free)

No comments: