Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday Night Music Options 10/22/07

Adeline Plays Echo Curio Tonight (Not Sea Level 'Cause it Died)


I was out of town for the weekend so I missed the Little Radio show, the Dr. Dog show and the Silversun Pickups show. But I drank a lot of wine and did see Triple Threat at a bar in a hotel. They played Steve Miller covers to a room full of people who danced about like me.

Free Shows:

Adeline / Tables & Chairs / Correatown @ Echo Curio [1519 Sunset Blvd] – Aaron from Le Switch is playing with Adeline tonight. Tables & Chairs is an instrumental band featuring Marcos, Brian and Stevie from the Movies.

Rademacher / I Make This Sound @ Viper Room ($10 or free with RSVP) – Monday night at the Viper Room continues to be well curated.

Castledoor / Twilight Sleep / The Flying Tourbillon Orchestra / The Monolators @ the Echo (Free) – Castledoor continue their Monday night residency. Their new record was recorded by Aaron from Earlimart. I haven’t really seen them yet, but Kevin Bronson at the LA Times is a big fan. Twilight Sleep

Oliver Future / Something for Rockets @ Spaceland (Free) – KCRW’s presenting the Oliver Future residency, which has helped ensure a good crowd every week.

Aushua / Eastern Conference Champions @ Silverlake Lounge (Free) – I saw Aushua at the Scene a couple of months ago. They’re a young OC band with anthemic songs and some good potential.

Other local residency:

Limbeck @ Hotel CafĂ© – Their Monday night residency continues.

Touring Show:

The Fiery Furnaces / Pit er Pat @ Troubadour ($15) – I’ve been told that they represent their town of Oak Park, IL very well. I’ve listened to their records and seen them live and they annoy me like you would not believe.

Outlying Areas:

The Jesus and Mary Chain / Evan Dando @ House of Blues Anaheim ($45) – I saw the JAMC show at the Glasshouse six months ago. I recommend seeing them, but I’m not sure it’s worth $45.

Hello Vegas / Maxeen / Pop Noir @ Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa (Free)

No comments: