Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday Night Music

D'oh. Never got around to posting about what was going on last night. I went to the Silversun Pickups' listening party at Sea Level and then over to Malo for their record label party. Both events were nice and crowded. Lots of CDs flew out the door.

Here's what's happening tonight:
Buzzcocks @ The Fonda ($18) - Great British punk band. If you don't have Singles Going Steady pick it up immediately. While they did peak in the late 1970s, it would probably still be fun to see them.

The Tyde / Sleepy Jackson @ Troubadour ($14) - I really like The Tyde. They're a local band but probably more popular in England than here. They're new album's already out overseas, but you'll have to wait until 8/29 for the domestic release. I've never actually heard Sleepy Jackson, but I know people dig him. The All Music Guide says they're heavily influenced by George Harrison. That can't be all bad.

Craig Wedren @ Safari Sam's ($5) - I used to like Shudder To Think. I haven't listened to them in a really long time, but I know this guy's done some indie film scoring recently.

No comments: