Monday, July 31, 2006

Live Music Options 7/31/06 - 8/2/06

I don't think any of this stuff is going to get me out of the house this week. I was very impressed with Mike Therieau at El Cid on Friday. He's got a very good voice.

Monday 7/31/06
Beth Orton @ Avalon ($25) – Do you miss Jim O’Rourke now that he’s out of Wilco and Sonic Youth? Well, he produced Beth Orton’s last record.

Crosby Stills Nash & Young @ Hollywood Bowl – I just looked and you can still get some of the $187.50 tickets. That’s totally outrageous.

Darker My Love @ Spaceland (Free) – The last night of their month long residency.

Alexi Murdoch @ the Troubadour ($17 adv / $20 dos) – He’s a mellow singer-songwriter but I haven’t heard him.

Tuesday 8/1/06
Bedroom Walls / Listing Ship @ Tangier ($8) – Local mellow rockers.

Manu Chao / Kinky @ Shrine (Sold Out) – I just read that Latin music is the only genre that has experienced sales increases this year.

Wednesday 8/2/06
Hot Chip @ The Troubadour (Sold Out) – Hipster indie electronica on the DFA label. I find it boring, but a lot of friends seem to like it.

Panic! At the Disco / Dresden Dolls @ Wiltern (Sold out) – Young Vegas band sells out the Wiltern.

Plastilina Mosh @ Knitting Factory ($20) – More Mexican dance music.

3 comments:

Passion of the Weiss said...

I told my friend CSNY would be half empty and I think I'm right. Which means I'm sneaking down to the good seats. Hell, if Im paying 65 bucks for cheap seats I figure it's well deserved.

Anonymous said...

Beth Orton rocks, but I think that's a steep ticket for just her.

Duke said...

i have to feel like i'm going to be really entertained to spend over $30 for a concert ticket. unfortunately it hasn't happened much lately....