Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Live Music Options Tues 8/15

Tuesday 8/15/06
Comedians of Comedy
@ Troubadour (Sold Out) - This should be a really good time, although I hate standing up while I'm watching standup. Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Zach Galafianakas, Bob Odenkirk, Doug Benson – I’ve seen Patton Oswalt at Largo a ton of times. He’s quite good. Zach G is pretty good too. And of course we're all friends with Brian Posehn on Myspace and loved Mr. Show. You've seen Doug Benson on VH-1's best week ever.

Comets on Fire / Indian Jewelry @ the Echo ($12) - I couldn't really get into Comets on Fire's stuff but a lot of people dig them. If you like acid rock check it out. Download "Dogwood Rust"

Yotokyo / The Kids of Widney High / Go Betty Go @ the Key Club (Free) - I mean, there's no chance I'm going to the Sunset Strip (even on a Tuesday) but this isn't a bad lineup. I liked Yotokyo when I saw them at Spaceland recently. Glen Campbell's son is the lead singer (if you care about that sort of thing). The Kids of Widney High were in the Ringer. Go Betty Go is a pop-punk Latina girl band.

Get Him Eat Him / Evangelicals @ Spaceland ($8) - I've only heard these downloads, but they're not bad. If you're down for some indie rock/pop. Download Get Him Eat Him's "Mumble Mumble" Download Evangelicals' "Here Comes Trouble"

No comments: