Tuesday, August 08, 2006

New Release Tuesday 8/8/06

I'll probably pick up that Sebadoh expanded edition even though I already have the original album. I'm such a sucker. I doubt I'll get any of these other records....

Comets On Fire: Avatar (Sub Pop) – It’s inspired by classic rock hippie music. I tried to get into it, but it just didn’t work for me. Download "Dogwood Rust"Appearing at the Echo on 8/15/06.
The Cure: Head on the Door (two disc remastered edition) (Rhino)
The Cure: Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me (two disc remastered edition) (Rhino) – This was the first Cure album I ever bought. I think I was in eighth grade.
The Cure: The Top (two disc remastered edition) (Rhino)
Delgados: The Complete BBC Peel Sessions (Chemikal Underground) – Good Scottish band. Dirty Pretty Things: Waterloo To Anywhere (Interscope) – The more together guy from the Libertines.
Doors: The Best Of The Doors (remastered) (Rhino) – I think this album is issued to all new high school students.
Heartless Bastards: All This Time (Fat Possum)
Jim Noir: Tower of Love (Barsuk) - Download "Key of C"
Matthew Friedberger: Winter Women / Holy Ghost Language School (859 Recordings) – The dude from Fiery Furnaces (another band I just can’t get into). Download "Do You Like Blondes"
Masta Killa: Made In Brooklyn (Nature Sounds) – Member of the Wu-Tang Clan
Nina Gordon: Bleeding Heart Graffiti (Warner Bros.) – Former Veruca Salt co-leader
Sadies: In Concert, Vol. 1 (Yep Roc) – With guest slots from Neko Case, Garth Hudson, Jon Spencer, Gary Louris, Jon Langford
Sebadoh: III (two disc remastered edition) (Domino) – One of the essential Sebadoh albums. It includes a second disc with 18 additional tracks. I’ll probably be a sucker and buy it. Download "Gimme Indie Rock"
Secret Shine: After Years (reissue) (Clairecords) – Oiginally released on Sarah records.
Sigur Ros: Sæglópur (Filter) – I’m a sucker for this band, and then I never end up listening to their albums after I buy them.
Various Artists: The Last Kiss (soundtrack) (Lakeshore) – An even wimpier soundtrack from a Zach Braff film.

No comments: