Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Live Music Tonight 9/19/06

A picture of The Moon Upstairs would be here if Blogger's picture function was working.......

Tuesday 9/19/06
The Moon Upstairs / The Faraway Places / Lavender Diamond / @ Spaceland ($10) – Although I've never seen The Moon Upstairs, I have heard good things. Supposedly they used to sound like John Lennon’s solo stuff, but now they sound more like George Harrison’s solo stuff. And it's a benefit for NRDC

Also appearing:
The Mae Shi @ the Smell ($5) – For the dissonant rock fans. This probably would have been my pick of the night, but I'm not that into the Smell (What can I sawy? I like to drink.) Download “Born For a Short Time

Deadboy & the Elephantmen @ the Troubadour ($15) – For the rootsy-rock fans. They’re also playing for free at Amoeba at 7:00PM.

Favourite Sons @ Safari Sam’s ($5) – If you missed them at Spaceland on Monday. They're getting the Echo & the Bunnymen comparisons. I haven't been to a Tuesday night at Safari Sam's since Franki Chan's first week booking it, but I hear it's competing with Cinespace as the place to be (or the place to avoid - depending on your taste for that kind of thing). Download “Hang On Girl

Indian Jewelry @ the Echo ($7) – Not too familiar with these guys, but Monitor Records is releasing some quality stuff for a newer label. Download “Come Closer

No comments: