Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tonight's Music Pick 9/13/06


Tonight’s Pick -
Golden Smog @ Avalon ($25) - I've got the SMOG STORY poster on my wall. It shows all the bands the guys in Golden Smog have played in (Big Star is in the upper left corner because of Jody Stephens). Of course it's got the Jayhawks and Wilco as well as the Replacements, Soul Asylum, Son Volt and Uncle Tupelo. The new album's solid and they don't tour very often.

Other Options -
The Tyde @ Spaceland ($8) - I've always been a fan of LA's the Tyde. If you're not going to the Black Keys or Golden Smog you should go. I'd be there if I wasn't going to Golden Smog. This is the second week of the new weekly NME club at Spaceland. If celebrity spotting is your thing, last week had its share. Their new album recently came out on Rough Trade.

The Black Keys @ Troubadour (Sold Out)

Southern Culture on the Skids @ Safari Sam’s ($15)

No comments: