Thursday, September 07, 2006

Where to Party Tonight 9/7/06

Recent Merge signees, The Brokedown, play the Silverlake Lounge tonight
The Brokedown @ Silverlake Lounge ($8) – I’ve been talking about these guys for awhile (they’re really nice guys and I like their downloads) but I still haven’t seen them. They’re a local band that just signed to Merge Records. Their debut LP, I Can’t Go On, I’ll Go On comes out on January 23rd. If you’re busy tonight (like me), plan on catching them (like me) playing with the Mother Hips next Thursday at Spaceland. Download “Down in the Valley

Also Appearing:
Dengue Fever @ Japanese American Center 6:30 PM (Free) – I really like this local Cambodian psych band. They just played Bumbershoot in Seattle.
Toys That Kill / Sabertooth Tiger / Los Punkinhedz @ Spaceland – Los Punkinhedz features Mike Watt and Money Mark. Sabertooth Tigers are on the high quality local label GSL.
Tool / Isis @ Staples Center ($66) – Hard to believe that I saw Tool over a decade ago. I’m sure it wasn’t $66
Scissors for Lefty @ Safari Sam’s ($5) – They’re signed to Rough Trade outside of the U.S. and apparently still shopping the market in the U.S.
The Living Jarboe @ Knitting Factory ($10)

No comments: