Monday, July 30, 2007

Highlights of Monday's Music Calendar 7/30/07

The Pity Party Plays Spaceland Tonight

Light FM / The Spinto Band @ the Silverlake Lounge (Free) – The last night of the Light FM residency. Energetic indie-poppers, The Spinto Band were just added to the lineup.
Eskimohunter / The Pity Party / Deep Sea Diver @ Spaceland (Free) – The last night of the Eskimohunter residency.
M.I.A. @ the Echoplex ($20) – I was 50/50 on the first M.I.A. album, but her new single’s downright awful. I’m sure 95% of you will disagree with me on that. I did see her at Coachella a few years ago and she wasn’t bad.
5 O’Clock Somewhere @ the Echo (Free) – Last night of their residency.
The Mae Shi @ Pehrspace
Thailand / Health Club / The Natural Disasters @ Royale [2619 Wilshire] Eastern Conference Champions @ Safari Sam’s (Free before 9PM / $5 after)
Stevenson Ranch Davidians / Nightfur @ Viper Room (Free if you RSVP through the Viper Room’s Myspace page)
Jesse Harris @ Hotel Café – He goes on early at 7PM. Download “Feel” and “I Don’t Mind
Mickey Champion @ Babe and Ricky’s Inn [4339 Leimert Blvd] – She performs there every Monday night.
Simon Stokes @ the Scene (Free)
Hand Over Heart @ Mr. T's Bowl (Free)
photo by: Alan Munoz

No comments: