Friday, November 10, 2006

Saturday Night - Page France / Anathallo

Saturday's Pick:
Page France / Anathallo @ Spaceland ($8) – Here are a couple of earnest indie bands for the sensitive kids. Back in my day all the kids were agnostic. Now they’re not afraid to write about God. I’m not complaining, I’m just saying. Page France are from Maryland and have gotten some nice love from You Ain’t No Picasso. Download Page France’s “Junkyard” and “Bush” Back in my day indie rock bands were all about the 4-track and could barely play their instruments. Now these kids are into choruses and horns and strings and Elephant 6 influences. I’m not complaining I suppose it has something to do with advances in technology. Download Anathallo’s “A Great Wind More Ash

Also Appearing:
400 Blows / Gil Mantera’s Party Dream @ Echo ($10) – If you prefer harder, more abrasive music then you’ll have a much better time at the Echo checking out local favorites, the 400 Blows. Download “Mortar and Pestle
Airborne Toxic Event @ Hear Gallery – I’m hearing good things about this new local band. These Hear Gallery/ Hang the DJs parties look like Hipsterville 2006. Download “Wishing Well
Veruca Salt @ Safari Sam’s ($10)
Adam Marsland @ Mr. T’s Bowl – Anybody who is obsessed with Dennis and Carl Wilson is ok in my book.

No comments: