Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tuesday Night Music Picks - Tahiti 80



Unfortunately I didn't make it out last night. What kind of blogger am I? Tons of great, free shows and I sat at home crying my eyes out to Coal Miner's Daughter. By the way, if you haven't seen that, rent it immediately. One of the best music biopics of all time.

Tonight's Pick:
Tahiti 80 @ the Troubadour ($15) – Of all the wimpy bands I listen to, these Frenchmen may be the most fey. They haven’t toured the States in a few years, but last time I saw them I enjoyed it. It’s really light indie pop music that will stick with you about as long as Fun Dip candy. But it’s all in good fun and they seem like really nice guys.

Also Appearing:
Joan Jett / Eagles of Death Metal @ Fonda ($25) – Have you seen recent photos of Joan Jett? She’s still very hot.
New York Dolls / Supersuckers / Davie Allan and the Arrows @ Avalon ($20) – Rock'n'Roll. You may remember that I saw the New York Dolls at Spaceland earlier this year. As good as you could expect – for the true fans.
Lee “Scratch” Perry @ House of Blues ($25) – The Jamaican reggae and dub legend.
Rachel Fuller w/ Pete Townshend, Billy Corgan and E from the Eels (Sold Out)
The Parlor Mob / Phoenix Foundation @ Spaceland ($8) – The Parlor Mob are that Wolfmother-like band I wrote about yesterday. Anybody go to that show at the Silverlake Lounge? Is it worth paying for tonight?
The Horrors / The Cinematics @ Safari Sam’s ($5)
Icarus Line @ Cinespace ($5)
Ima Robot @ the Echo ($8)

No comments: