Monday, November 20, 2006

Tonight's Music Picks 11/20/06


Tonight's Pick:
Great Northern / Division Day / The Pity Party / Light FM @ Echo (Free) – I picked Let’s Go Sailing the past two weeks, so I’m going with Great Northern this week. The lineup also has Division Day who just had a nice mention in the New York Times while they were at CMJ. They always put on an energetic, fun live performance. They’re about to go out for a West Coast tour with Peter Walker. Download “Hurricane” The Pity Party’s also starting to get a nice buzz.

Also appearing:
Let’s Go Sailing / Ferraby Lionheart / Wallpaper @ Spaceland (Free) – I’ve picked Let’s Go Sailing the last two weeks in a row, so I’m giving it a rest this week. I got a copy of their LP at last week’s show and I’m really enjoying it. I really want to see Ferraby Lionheart. I’m hearing great things about him.
Jello Biafra (spoken word) @ El Rey Theatre ($14.50) – I was a HUGE Dead Kennedys fan, mostly because of Biafra’s humor and politics.
Holy Shit @ Silverlake Lounge ($5)
The Rapture / The Presets @ the Fonda (Sold Out)

No comments: