Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween Music Options


If I was going out tonight I'd hit the Echo for Dios or the Mountain in Chinatown for the Sword. Those are my kinda parties, but other places will probably be a lot more festive. Hello WeHo.

Tonight's Pick
Dios Malos / Airborne Toxic Event @ the Echo - Dios is one of my favorite LA bands that isn't going to CMJ. Airborne Toxic Event is a new band that's just starting to play out a lot. I plan on seeing them soon.

The Sword / Year Long Disaster @ Mountain Bar in Chinatown – One of my favorite new heavy bands. If you missed them at the Avalon last weekend. They go on at 12:15. Year Long Disaster is Dave Davies’ son’s band.
Devo / Missing Persons / Bow Wow Wow @ Greek Theatre – I’ve seen Devo once and while a bit heavier around the midsection, they were still a lot of fun.
Ladytron / Midnight Movies @ El Rey ($25.50) – I’ve heard they’re not the most exciting live band on the planet, but they look good.
MSTRKRFT / Justice / Totally Radd @ Safari Sam’s ($25 dos) – Not my kinda party, but it will be a danceable party.
The Roots @ Avalon ($40) – Backpack rap.
Brazilian Girls @ Wiltern ($25) – For the downtempo/KCRW set.
The Deadly Syndrome @ Silverlake Lounge (Free w/costume, $8 w/o)
Honky / HDR @ the Scene

No comments: