Monday, October 09, 2006

Tonight's Picks - Monday 10/9/06

Funny - usually I don't trust guys in sideways baseball hats.
Tonight's Pick:
Sufjan Stevens / My Brightest Diamond @ Wiltern (Sold Out) - I blew it man. Sufjan's record was my album of the year last year. This show sold out so fast I didn't get tickets. Requests for guest list spots were not fulfilled. Send me an email if you've got extras. I saw him at the Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS last year and he was just as charming and talented as you'd expect.
Also playing:
Meeting Places / Antarcticans @ Silverlake Lounge (Free) – The Meeting Places are playing every Monday in October for free. They're kinda dreamy, kinda shoegazey.
Rocket @ Spaceland (Free) – Rocket are playing every Monday in October for free. As their label puts it: girls in short shorts with guitars.
Winter Flowers / Lavender Diamond / Darren Rademacher (of the Tyde) @ the Echo (Free) – Winter Flowers are playing every Monday in October for free.
The National @ Troubadour ($14) – Their most recent album was Uncut Magazine’s album of the month (five stars).
Jerry Lee Lewis @ Virgin Megastore Hollywood & Highland (Free) 7:00PM – He’s getting up there in years. I saw him on Letterman last week with Neil Young on guitar.
The Oohlas / Dirty Little Secret @ Viper Room

No comments: