Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday Night Live Music Options 11/9/07


That's What I Call a ZZ Sandwich
Friday 11/9/07:

M.I.A. / The Cool Kids @ Wiltern ($25) – I saw M.I.A. at Coachella once. She’s probably worth seeing again. Bloggers love the Cool Kids too. But who listens to bloggers these days?

ZZ Top / Dr. John @ Greek Theatre ($37-$67) – When I was a kid my older brother and sister would tell me these crazy stories about going to ZZ Top concerts. Imagine my disappointment when I finally got old enough to go to shows and there weren’t any farm animals on stage.

Jesu / These Arms Are Snakes / Oxbow @ Echoplex ($14) – Heavy head rock.

Of Montreal / Grand Buffet / Mgmt @ Avalon ($18) – Eccentric indie rock. Their latest album’s pretty good.

Fog / Boom Bip DJ Set / Salt and Samovar @ Spaceland ($8) - Low, Andrew Bird and Why? Guested on the latest Fog record.

Celebration @ the Echo ($10) – AMG calls them cabaret-punk. They’ve got a new album on 4AD.

Junk Science @ Airliner

She Wants Revenge @ the Fonda ($25) Not my deal.

Ben Harper @ Orpheum (Sold Out) – Not my deal.

Joanna Newsom @ Walt Disney Concert Hall ($30-$55) – Not my deal but Van Dyke Parks will be there orchestrating.

Loudon Wainwright III / Joe Henry @ El Rey ($25)

The Lawrence Arms @ Troubadour ($12)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZZ Top was awesome. they only played 2 songs from their crappy 80's albums and the rest was the old good stuff.

Duke said...

crappy 80s albums? what about "gimme all your lovin'" "sharp dressed man" "got me under pressure" and "legs"

Anonymous said...

Those songs are good but totally cheesy.