Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Night Music Options 11/16/07

Neko Case at Stagecoach (photo by me or Sylvia? I can't remember)

Friday Night (11/16/07):
In-Store Alert: Six Organs of Admittance @ Amoeba (Free) – 6:00 PM

Amateurs / I Make This Sound / Nightfur / Model K @ Spaceland – There are much bigger names playing tonight, but it’s all so damn expensive. This is my pick because it’s the best value (and you won’t have to pay $8 -$25 to park like most of these places and you can buy a beer for under $5). Amateurs are a local band that got an A- on Stylus (R.I.P.) and Bronson gave them a good review HERE.

Neko Case @ Walt Disney Concert Hall ($35-$95) – This would be a great place to see her. I enjoyed seeing her at Stagecoach last year but the tix are a little too spendy for me.

Ya Ho Wa 13 / Sky Saxon & the Seeds / Entrance / Hecuba @ the Echoplex ($18) – I saw Sky Saxon once when they still had bands at the Big Foot Lodge. It made me very sad and I felt like warning children about the dangers of hallucinogens. I am curious to see Entrance.

Aids Wolf / Xbxrx / HEALTH / Abe Vigoda @ the Smell ($8) – This makes my head explode just thinking about it.

Puffy AmiYumi @ Key Club ($28) Japanese pop.

The Dickies @ Knitting Factory ($17) – Old ass punks.

Dios (Malos) @ Alex’s Bar in Long Beach

Army Navy / The Strange Boys @ the Echo ($5)

Lyrics Born / Ryan Shaw @ El Rey ($18) – For the hip-hop fans.

The B-52’s @ the Roxy ($50) – I probably wouldn’t pay $50.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think that photo was by me.