Friday, November 02, 2007

Sigur Ros "Heima" Screening and Performance



I'm jealous that contest winner, Katy got to go attend this and I didn't. Here's her report on the evening....
Last night I went to the 8pm screening of Sigur Ros' documentary Heima at the Vista Theatre in Los Feliz. I've seen the band three times before (twice in Michigan and the other at 2005 Coachella) and each time they've blown me away. I'd have to say Sigur Ros is definitely an acquired taste, but if you ARE a fan their live performances are more than words can describe.
Before showing the film the band played a 3 song acoustic set. They sounded awesome and I'm certain I wasn't the only one who held on tothe last note of the third song hoping they just might continue toplay...but 3 songs was all we got. Then the film began.
During 2006 Sigur Ros decided to "give something back" to their home country, Iceland, by performing a series of FREE concerts around various Icelandic cities. The film documented this tour and gave a bit of background on each of the locations and provided commentary from the band members regarding the tour. Having been to Iceland last year, I got a sort-of warm, fuzzy feeling when I saw familiar scenery that my friends and I experienced on our trip. This was enhanced by the accompanying sounds of many of my favorite Sigur Ros songs... what a great combination. All in all it was an amazing show/film screening and I want to thank YSTS for crowning me contest winner so I was able to attend. I will likely purchase Heima when it's released on November 20th... and would suggest for those of you who are also Sigur Ros fans to do the same. Watching the documentary was almost as good as seeing them live; almost.
Photos courtesy of Katy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I would like to share my pictures of the same show!! davidtomafotos.com