Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday Night Music Options 11/20/07



Tuesday 11/20/07:

Let’s Independent: Hearts of Palm UK / Letting Up Despite Great Faults / Marvelous Toy @ Boardner’s (Free) – HOPUK won the Biore award and $20k for best up and coming female music artist. I’m a fan of LUDGF album, but I haven’t seen them live yet. It sounds a little bit like Aaron Espinosa singing over some Jimmy Tamborello beats.
Download LUDGF’s “I Hear You Drowning But I’m Tied” and “Maybe I’ll Hide with You

Ranch Party: Merle Jagger / Dave Gleason / King Straggler @ Spaceland ($8 / $5 with flyer) – It’s Hannah’s birthday party too.

Van Halen @ Staples Center ($50-$150) – Up until about fifth grade Van Halen was my favorite band. I used to listen to them on my Walkman on the bus all the time. I still think I’d enjoy seeing them live (if I didn’t have to pay that is).

Isis / Big Business @ Troubadour ($17) – Head pummeling.

Merrick / John Gold @ Bordello ($10) – Merrick features Inara George .

The Soft Hands @ Silverlake Lounge ($5)

Silverchair @ the Wiltern ($26)

Diana Ross @ Gibson ($45-100)

?uestlove DJ Set @ Crash Mansion ($5)

Now On @ the Echo ($10)

Meiko @ Hotel Café

Tweak Bird / The Front / Tsk Tsk @ the Scene

No comments: